Below is the complete set of Educational Videos you will find throughout the site covering many subjects. Here, they are categorized by the main subject matter. Each is short, usually about one minute in duration and provides a good amount of information. This video library was created by Matthew Dunn, PhD † who’s company, Fast Forward Stories® specializes in explainer video content. “Video explanations on demand are the new customer service because they provide click- speed response for on-demand customers.” says Dunn in a RealtyTimes® article published in January 2014.
We hope you find this explainer content helpful an encourage you to contact us with any questions you may have, or questions that pertain to your particular situation. As time permits, we will work to better organize this massive amount helpful content for ease of use. Much of this can also be found under the “Ready?” main menu in the Loan Lingo section.
ON THIS PAGE
Starting the Home Buying Process:
- How Can I Determine My Housing Needs Before I Begin The Search?
- How Do I Begin The Process Of Buying A Home?
- How Do I Know If Im Ready To Buy A Home?
- How Do Lenders Decide The Maximum Loan Amount That Buyers Can Afford?
- How Does Purchasing A Home Compare With Renting?
- Do I Need A Lawyer To Buy A Home?
- Why Use a REALTOR®?
Finding Your New Home:
- What Should I Look For When Deciding On A Community?
- How Can I Find Out About Schools and Community Resources?
- What Should I Look For When Walking Through A Home?
- How Can I Keep Track Of All The Homes I See?
- What Questions Should I Ask When Looking At Homes?
- Is An Older Home A Better Value Than A New One?
- What Should I Do If Im Feeling Excluded From Certain Neighborhoods?
- How Can I Find Information On The Property Tax Liability?
- What Other Issues Should I Consider Before I Buy My Home?
Selecting the Perfect Home:
- How Do I Determine The Initial Offer?
- How Do I Make An Offer?
- What Is Earnest Money, And How Much Should I Set Aside?
- What Is An Inspection Clause?
- What Does A Home Inspector Do?
- Do I Need To Be There For The Inspection?
- Do I Really Need Homeowners Insurance?
- What Steps Could I Take To Lower My Homeowners Insurance Costs?
- Are Power Lines A Health Hazard?
- How Can I Protect My Family From Lead In The Home?
- What About A Home Located In A Flood Plain?
- What Are Home Warranties, And Should I Consider Them?
- What Should I Look For In The Final Walkthrough?
Buying a Newly Constructed Home:
- What Are Builders Incentives?
- What Is A Decorating Allowance?
- Is A Builders’ Preferred Lender The Best Choice?
- What Is The Punch List?
- What Is A Construction Perm Loan?
- What Is A Rate Lock?
- Production vs Custom Builders – What’s The Difference?
- Should I Have An Agent Or New-Home Cobroker For A New-Home Purchase?
- Should I Have A Attorney Review A New-Home Purchase Contract?
- How Can I Compare Builders?
The Mortgage Process:
- What Is A Mortgage?
- What Is A Qualified Mortgage?
- What Is Loan To Value (LTV) And How Does It Affect The Size Of My Loan?
- How Large A Down Payment Do I Need?
- What Does Ability To Repay Mean?
- Are There Special Mortgages For First-Time Homebuyers?
- What Types Of Mortgage Loans Are Available?
- When Do Adjustable Rate Mortgages Make Sense?
- How Does The Interest Rate Factor In Securing A Mortgage Loan?
- What Happens If Interest Rates Decrease And I Have A Fixed Rate Loan?
- What Are The Advantages Of 15- And 30-Year Fixed-Rate Mortgages?
- What Factors Affect Mortgage Payments?
- What Is Included In A Monthly Mortgage Payment?
- What Are Discount Points?
- What Is Mortgage Insurance?
- What Is PMI?
- What Is Prime
- What Is Equity
- Can I Pay Off My Loan Ahead Of Schedule?
- What Should I Do If I Fall Behind On A Conventional Loan?
- What Steps Need To Be Taken To Secure A Loan?
- What Is The Debt-To-Income Ratio (DTI)?
- How Are Pre-Qualifying And Pre-Approval Different?
- Are Any Lenders Exempt From Ability-To-Repay Rules?
- What Responsibilities Do I Have During The Lending Process?
- What Happens After I’ve Applied For My Loan?
- How Do I Choose The Right Lender For Me?
- How Do I Choose The Best Loan Program For Me?
- What Is The Best Way To Compare Loan Terms Between Lenders?
- What Are The Cost or Fees For Loan Origination?
- What Is A Good Faith Estimate?
- What Is RESPA?
- What’s An Appraisal?
- Can I Remove PMI From My Loan?
- What Is A Credit Bureau Score And How Do Lenders Use Them?
- How Can I Find Out Information About My Credit History?
- How Can I Improve My Credit Score?
- What If I Find A Mistake In My Credit History?
Title and Closing:
- What Is An Escrow Account? Do I Need One?
- Closing Costs Explained Visually
- Title Insurance Explained Visually
- What Are Real Estate Commissions
- What Happens On Closing Day?
- What Do I Get At Closing?
- What Makes Up Closing Costs?
FHA Mortgage Programs:
- How Can The FHA Assist Me In Buying A Home?
- What Are The Steps In FHA Loans?
- How Does My Credit History Impact FHA Qualification?
- What Is The Debt-To-Income Ratio For FHA Loans?
- Are FHA Loans Assumable?
- How Can I Receive A Discount On The FHA Mortgage Insurance Premium?
- What Is The FHA Loan Limit?
- What Qualifies As Income For FHA?
- What Should I Do If I Fall Behind On An FHA Loan?
- What Are Closing Costs For FHA Loans?
- What are 203(b) and 203(k) FHA Loans?
- What Is HUD?
- How Does HUD Help Homebuyers?
VA Mortgage Programs:
- What Are VA Home Loans?
- What Are The Major Types Of VA Loans?
- What Is A Certificate of Eligibility?
- Who Is Exempt From The VA Funding Fee?
- What Are Joint VA Loans?
- Does My Military Discharge Affect VA Loan Eligibility?
- Can I Use My VA Eligibility More Than Once?
- Can I Buy A Rental Property With A VA Loan?
- Can I Buy A Farm With a VA Loan?
- How Does Divorce Affect VA Loan Re-Eligibility?
Selling Your Home:
- How Can I Improve My Homes Value?
- How Do I Make A Home Ready To Sell?
- How Should I Prepare For Internet Showing?
- How Should I Prepare The Inside For An Open House?
- How Should I Prepare The Outside For An Open House?
- How Do I Evaluate An Offer?
- What Is A Counter-Offer?
- What Does The Closing Meeting Involve For The Seller?
- What Does The Closing Process Involve When I Sell?
- For Sale By Owner?
Going to Market:
- When Should I Sell?
- 6 Home-Selling Mistakes
- How Do I Select a Broker?
- What Details Can I Ask Brokers In Advance?
- How Do I Calculate My Price?
- How Do I Set The Price On My House?
- Which Square Footage Figure Should I Use?
- How Is A Home Marketed?
† Matthew Dunn is the creative entrepreneur behind Fast Forward Stories. He holds the first-ever Ph.D. in Digital Media and an MFA in Directing. He’s been a startup CEO, corporate Senior VP & CIO, 9-year Microsoft veteran, professor and teacher. He’s also an award-winning writer, designer, director, frequent public speaker, and an inventor, with 16 patents to date.
Broadview Mortgage Orange licenses the explainer content from Fast Forward Stories® and does not warranty the accuracy of the content contained therein. While we believe the content has been well researched and presented, mortgage origination guidelines change quickly and updating material always takes time to deliver. Always contact a California NMLS Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator for the most up to date information. We can be reached at the number above. We are here to help!