ON THIS PAGE
Buyer Assistance Program
The City of El Centro Assistance Program is being funded with Low to Moderate Housing funds from the El Centro Redevelopment Agency. The program was established to offer down payment assistance to all first time home buyer qualified residents of the City for purchase of any existing or qualifying new home in the City of El Centro.
City of El Centro, California
To be eligible for FTHB Program assistance the first-time homebuyer must:
1. Be an income eligible household which has not owned real property within three (3) years. Refer to table for
2. Be able to qualify for a permanent 30 year, fixed rate loan provided by a Federal or State Agency.
3. Inject 2% of the purchase price as their share of the downpayment.
4. Be the principal place of residence of the buyer.
5. The property must be owner-occupied or vacant at the time of the purchase agreement is presented.
6. Attend a four hour Homeownership Education Workshop.
7. Must be pre-approved by a City approved lender.
Buyer assistance programs are subject to availability of funds and budgetary constraints. There may be other assistance programs in the State of California that are available.
To speed up your assistance search, complete the short form below and we will match your eligibility with a program that has money available now.