ON THIS PAGE
Buyer Assistance Program
The City of Concord has partnered with the Contra Costa County MCC program to offer a tax incentive to first time home buyers.
City of Concord, California
The Contra Costa County MCC Program eligibility requirements are as follows:
- MCCs will be available only to “first-time home buyers”, (i.e. not owning a home within the past three years).
- As first-time homebuyers complete their normal loan application process with a participating lending institution, their mortgage lenders will prepare MCC applications and forward them to the County. The County will then issue credits on a first-come, first-served basis according to when the initial application is received by the County. County staff requires 5-7 days for application review and processing.
- Applicants may buy a residence only for their own occupancy, not for rental or reinvestment. Occupancy as “principal residence” must be within 60 days of the close of escrow.
- Applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee of $200 at the time the lender applies to the County on their behalf.
- The MCC can be used when buying a new home with a maximum purchase price of $629,005, ($768,784 in Target Areas) or an existing home with a purchase price that does not exceed $619,381 ($757,021 in Target Areas).
- MCCs can only be transferred in cases where the home is being sold to another eligible MCC applicant. In such a case, all MCC requirements must be met and the mortgage must be assumed for the transfer to occur
Buyer assistance programs are subject to availability of funds and budgetary constraints. There may be other assistance programs in the State of California that are available.
To speed up your assistance search, complete the short form below and we will match your eligibility with a program that has money available now.